-->

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How To Manage Your Time in High School: Freshmen Advice

Hey you all!

This post is going to be a little bit different from all my other posts in the fact that I'm going to actually talk (or type rather) to you guys.

I am currently a freshmen in high school, and at the beginning of the year, I struggled with managing my time, juggling my extra curricular activities with my social life and academic life. However, over the course of this year, I gradually found the key to managing high school, which I am going to share with you all today!

Tip #1: Be organized!

Remember that organization is key to managing your time. You can keep a booklet where you write down what to do, or keep an electronic version of it. Either way, find a platform to record down what to do. Personally, I don't like to keep notebooks or planners; I prefer to type down my to-do-list for the day on my iPod in the Notes application. Organization saves you a lot of time when trying to finish 3 hours of homework per night. Keeping binders and folders for each subject will also allow you to find specific resources easier.

Tip #2: Prioritize things to do!

Prioritizing is probably what I have the most problem with. Find your own way of prioritizing your to-do-list. This might take a while to find, but you'll get there. I suggest you do the more urgent items first. Also, remember to try to finish things early. This way, you can create the maximum amount of spare time. In the beginning of the year, I could not for the life of me get my priorities straight, resulting in me staying up all night trying to finish homework. However, after the course of this year, I learned what to do first, what to do second, and so on.

Tip #3: Give some time to yourself!

High school can be really stressful sometimes, so make sure you leave some time for yourself, everyday if possible, whether its during lunch, when you take a shower, or right before sleep arrives. This extra time will help you a lot in terms of self-improvement and reflection of one's actions. Doing this will also help time management, because you reflect on yourself.

There you go guys! I hope you liked this! If you want more "life posts" like this one, just comment below! Follow me, it really helps!

<3,
Rennie


Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment