-->

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mom Date, Mom Jeans

I recently found this beautiful little brunch cafe (called 39A) hidden among the winding streets of my city, Hsinchu. I didn't really find it myself--rather a few upperclassmen went there and tagged the place on IG and my mom and I hunted it down to try for ourselves :). 

It's been a while since my mom and I had a proper mother-daughter brunch date, so we decided to head downtown for a little brunch date to catch up. Since it was an "occasion," I decided to dress up and look more sophisticated :).




The entire atmosphere of the place really wowed me. Since it was located in a pretty sketch area, I thought the cafe would be dingy like the street it was on, but I was pleasantly surprised to see a well-designed reception area. The place was very intimate and had a very tumblr-esque vibe to it, which I loved. 


It had motifs hanging on the walls and symbols painted on the sides. I really love the rustic feel of the lightbulbs, this picture really doesn't do the place much justice.


I especially love the whole hanging-garden design on the inside of the cafe. They even had an open window on the ceiling to let in natural light.


The menu was extremely cute, matching the whole rustic vibe of the interior design. They also had a flower placed on every table, which I thought was very considerate of them.


I love their little logo--it's simple and minimalistic--it's right up my alley!


My mom and I decided to share a latte, which was not bad. I love the coffee art they did, but I kind of wished they put it in a proper coffee mug instead of a glass cup. The glass cup made it a little hard to drink at times.


As for food, my mom ordered a chicken wrap, while I got a couscous salad with nuts and chicken. They do have vegan options available, which I thought to be very considerate of them. The presentation is superb--the wrap came with a little sticker with their logo on it on the wrapping, and the salad was placed on a nice big plate for me to enjoy. The wrap was also placed on a slab-like black plate, which I found to be oddly charming :).


The food was surprisingly filling, and I loved how the chicken was seasoned. I would've liked the couscous to be cooked a little more so it wouldn't be as grainy, though.


Overall, I really liked the food and the service of 39A. Not only does it offer good food at a reasonable price, it also provides its customers with a peaceful and serene environment to study, chat, and relax.


Since the place was so IG-worthy, I had to take a few pictures of my outfit. I really REALLY love this wall. The cafe also had dried plants decorating the ceiling and the walls.

My outfit was really out of my comfort zone. I am not used to wearing mom jeans (this pair is literally my mom's jeans), so I didn't think I could pull it off, but I decided that it was time to try something new. I paired this with a preppy collared chiffon top from Brandy that I'v been loving and a pair of gladiator sandals.


Top: Brandy Melville
Jeans: Mom's Closet
Shoes: DeSire
Bag: Pull and Bear

I absolutely love this place, and I definitely want to go back soon! I hope you guys liked this blogpost! I've been trying to update you all more often in order to make up for my 2 week absence towards the beginning of this month!

Best, 
-R







Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. HAHAH RENNIE I SEE YOU WITh the vegan options <3 loveyouuu and this place looks hella bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS let's go w chrissy next time! <3 going green isn't that bad i realised! :3

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is super cute! And this was a great post x

    www.insearchofsheila.com

    ReplyDelete