-->

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Youth

I seem to like to post about music, don't I? Enjoy this song <3 (it was, once again, introduced to me through a good friend of mine).

I've been on a 2 month hiatus, and finally, FINALLY, I'm back. I guess I use this blog as a venting system--which is not bad I guess, it acts as a sort of online diary I can consult whenever I'm down. Chinese New Year just passed, and I'd just like to acknowledge all my friends and family have done for me (not that their love should only be recognised on a holiday).

This song struck a chord, not because of the musical content (though that plays a huge part as well), but because of the lyrics. I'm going to be 17 this year, and will be entering my senior year of high school after this summer.

There is an odd combination of feelings I've been experiencing lately, a queer concoction of anticipation and inexplicable boredom (I know I'm not making sense, am I?). It's sort of like a heavy weight and the pit of my stomach that just sits there, and I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Point is, this song, Youth, embodies how I am feeling (at least what I think I am feeling)--an raw, unaltered feeling of feeling alive (I really am not making sense...).

I've never felt more alive <3.

To end on a happier (and WAYYY less confusing) note, today is Valentine's Day! Lots of love to those who follow my blog (and IG), and I PROMISE my next post will be up faster (2 weeks, max)! I have something really exciting lined up for you all, stay tuned!



<3,
R
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. I love Troye so much! Youth is my favourite too! x

    http://danielpoonvignez.blogspot.hk
    Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good right?! Halsey is soon good too <3

      Delete