-->

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Colorful Fire?

Hey guys!

So today during chemistry class, we played with salts! We burned different types of salts (sodium chloride, barium chloride, strontium chloride etc.) and observed the different colors of flame that each produced. We first dipped a piece of tissue in ethanol and then dipped it in the salt, then we proceeded to light it. I thought it yielded pretty interesting results.

Here are some pictures for you guys to see! Also, unless you are under parent/adult supervision or in the lab, please do not do not try this at home <3


Bright coral


Greenish yellow flame


Solid orange


<3 LOVING THE COLOR


Control group, where only ethanol was burned

I love experiments like this, and I think this is what makes me like chemistry class :3


Here are my links:


Also, don't forget to follow this blog for more fun!

<3,

Rennie

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment