-->

Thursday, August 14, 2014

How I Style Halters ft. Brandy Melville

Hey guys!

Today I'm going to show you all how I style halters (YAY! I've been dying to write this post :3).

I know a lot of people think halters are so 90's and hence "unfashionable," but I personally happen to love halters (in fact when I went shopping in Europe I went from shop to shop searching for halters).

Most stores seem to be over the whole halter neck fad that was popular back in 2006 or something (and I don't blame them...I mean there aren't a lot of halter-crazy people like me out there so...), so it was extremely hard for me to find them.

So I got all my halters from the good ol' Brandy Melville. I love their halters! They're super soft and light, perfect for the hot, humid weather of Taiwan. Plus their graphics are just so awesome. I love them so much I'm actually asking my bestie to bring some more Brandy graphic halters back when she goes to the US! I might even order online. I mean seriously. Look at that paradise palm tree halter. Can we just take a moment here.

The only thing I don't like about Brandy halters is that they're kind of cropped. But I can get around that, no worries.

Lets get started shall we?

I'm in paradise!


:3 I love stripes 


Reminds me of TFIOS...I mean seriously :)

STYLE #1: S(k)nitten (get it? Smitten?)

This is probably my favorite way to pair a halter. Since it is cropped, I paired the purple halter neck with a pair of acid washed distressed high waisted shorts. You can wear it without the knit cardigan, but I liked the way it kind of cozied-up the whole look. The big holes in the cardigan made the whole outfit more laid back in my opinion.


Halter: Brandy Melville, Shorts: 50%, Knit cardigan: Brandy Melville

Style #2: Valley Girl (Cliche much?)

I called this one "Valley Girl" mainly because seemingly everyone on YouTube is into the whole flannel around the waist thing. I'm not super into it, mainly because I've been wearing flannels since I was young, thanks to my mom. So I guess wearing it like this makes me feel like I'm 9 years old again? Haha :3 I tied it around the waist so I won't be showing my midriff, but you can opt to leave the flannel out. I wore a pair of midi shorts and a thick belt to go along with it. I love the print on this halter (it has a bunch of eyes on it). 


Halter: Brandy Melville, Shorts: Forever 21, Belt: Primark, Flannel: Hollister

Style #3: The Classic

Ahhh, The Classic. This outfit reminds me of what my mom would wear, only modernized (I think she has a dress that looks very similar to this...hrm...). I love this pairing because the circle skirt and the halter-style top makes the outfit feminine, while the dark colors kind of add a little edge. I would pair this with wither combat boots or my brown ankle boots.


Halter: Brandy Melville, Skirt: NET

Style #4: Shakira

OH YEA MY HIPS DON'T LIE!. Just kidding I'm a stick. I have no hips haha :3. This is what I picture Shakira wearing on a day-to-day basis when she isn't wearing her dancer's attire. Obviously she'll look better in it than I would, but shh...I can try right? This is perfect for an evening walk at the beach or even a festival! I would pair this with a long gold necklace, gold cuffs, and lots of gold rings. An alternative can be a black tattoo chocker and combat boots. You can also substitute the high-low skirt with a maxi skirt if that's more of your style.


Halter: Brandy Melville, Skirt: NET

If you're wondering where I got my "Bad Luck" phone case in the pictures, it's also from Brandy.

Comment below to tell me what your favorite outfit was and how YOU style your halters!

If you want to see the video version of this post, check it out here!


That's it for today then!

Disclaimer: I bought all the halters with my own money. Brandy Melville doesn't even know I exist (sadly).

Here are my links:


Also, don't forget to follow this blog for more fun!

For the love of halters,

Rennie





Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment