-->

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Brunch: A Recipe

Hey all! With summer approaching, I've been feeling kinda lethargic. This means that I usually wake up later in the morning, causing me to miss breakfast. But thank god for the brilliant person who invented brunch, because that's all I've been eating these past few weekends! I love brunch because it combines the lightness of breakfast and the heartiness of lunch. Let's get on with the recipe shall we?




For this beautiful brunch recipe, you will need:

-white or wheat bread
-olive bread
-shredded cheese (mine is a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
-one organic egg
-one german sausage (I am using a cheese flavoured one)
-several lettuce leaves
-cream cheese
-frozen strawberries and bananas
-milk

I usually start off with the bread, because it takes the longest to bake. The process is really easy--simply lay your bread on a baking tray and sprinkle your shredded cheese on it. Also cut yourself some thick slices of olive bread and bake that off as well. Place the two pieces of bread into a 180 degree (C) oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has crisped up.



The rest is really easy--score your german sausage on both sides and fry it off. I highly recommend Johnsonville's Beddar Cheddar. It's so delicious! In the same pan, I make a sunny side up egg. I like my yolk to be a little runny :). While everything is cooking, I wash my romaine lettuce and place that in a bowl. I don't mind eating it plain, but if you want your veggies to have a little more flavour, you can add some balsamic vinegar.


Once your bread is done, carefully take it out of the oven and place it on the plate. You can eat your olive bread plain, but I do prefer it with some cream cheese.

For the drink, I simply threw all my fruits into the blender with the milk and made a simple shake. Delicious!


There you go guys! A simple brunch recipe that you can enjoy at home :)

What do you guys like to eat for brunch? Tell me in the comments below!

<3,
-R


Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment