-->

Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Macaron Adventure

Hey guys!

This week, I attempted to make macarons twice. I've tried making them before, but failed terribly. I kind of gave up, blaming my failure for Taiwan's terrible weather. However, after coming across this blogpost by BraveTart, I decided I would try it out again. I found out why my macarons were always flat and hollow: I was aways lazy on the whipping of the egg whites. This time, I took extra care of whipping up the egg whites to stiff peaks, and it worked! My first attempt was "red" velvet macarons with cream cheese filling. They turned out delicious, but only 1 or 2 out of my batch of 50 had feet. 


Yum!


Tiny feet :3

I noticed the ones with the feet appeared on the tray that I had left out longest. Determined to get it right, I made another batch, this time dying it a pale blue (I made a original flavored macaron shell). My filling was blueberry cream cheese. 

This batch was an absolute success! I actually had to dry the macarons out in the oven (set at 50 degrees Celsius) because on the humidity of my country, but it still turned out fine! I was literally jumping with joy when I saw their little bodies rise :).



YESSS!

Needless to say, I'm no longer intimidated by this little cookie.

Stay tuned, because I'm going to be showing you guys how to make these little guys in an upcoming post!

Lets be friends!


Also, don't forget to follow this blog for more fun!

<3,

Rennie







Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment