-->

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub First Impression

Hey guys,

A few days ago, when I went to lush, I picked up their best-selling Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub for myself (I hauled it here). Everyone on YouTube seems to be raving about this product, so naturally I wanted to try it out for myself.

I headed out to my local lush and they were SOLD OUT. I had to be put on a waiting list until they got the product in. I saw that as a good sign.

When I was called in a few days later, I was estatic. I was finally going to try out the legendary Ocean Salt Scrub! It is VERY pricey though. A small 120g tub cost me $23! The bigger one cost upwards of $30. I got the smaller one because I haven't tried this before.

The lady at the counter that day wasn't very helpful (aka she was rude and snappy), so I had to go home and search how to use this by myself. No worries though :)


So excited :)


Love their packaging 


This had me cracking up!

So it comes in a tub, and when you open it, there is coarse sea salt on the top, as well as a bright blue dye. It smells like the lush store itself, and also kind of like the ocean. It is very citrus-y and has a tinge of alcohol in it.


Pretty!

You have to mix the product yourself, and I actually really liked doing it. It made me feel like I DIY-ing something :).


Mixin' it up!

After you finish mixing the product, it becomes this pearly pastel minty turquoise color that I am actually very fond of. As you can see, the product is filled with small grains of salt. These little grains are essential for exfoliating your skin!


All homogenized :3

After I was done mixing, I popped the cap back on the tub and chucked it into the fridge so I can use it on a hot summer's day. Using the product on the mixing stick, I applied some of the scrub on my right hand. I only did it on one hand, because I wanted to compare it and see the difference it makes. Everyone says that it works miracles and really smoothens your skin, so I wanted to see for myself. I rubbed the scrub in circular motions on my hand, slowly massaging it. The scent is really beautiful, and you can feel your skin get cleaner as you rub the product in. I actually used the Ocean Salt on my dry hands (I didn't wet it with water before or anything), but if I were to be applying it to more delicate parts of my body such as my face and my stomach, I would wet it first, for this can be a little rough on the skin.

After washing the product off, I compared my two hands. And boy was I surprised! Not only was my hand smoother and lighter, the skin also felt unbelievably moisturized. The smell also lingered. I absolutely love it. 

I have combination-oily skin, so this is perfect for me. Of you have drier or more sensitive skin, I recommend watering it down before applying it. As this is a pretty strong exfoliator, I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. 


See the grains of salt?

Overall, I LOVE the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub. I'm kind of regretting the fact that I didn't purchase the bigger tub! I will definitely be dropping by lush more often! I really want to try out some of their other products. I wonder if they will give me samples?

Comment below what lush products you recommend me to try! Also, what other things do you want me to review? Let me know down below!

Have you tried Ocean Salt? Did you like it? :)

Stay tuned! I have a giveaway planned.

Disclaimer: I purchased the product mentioned above with my own money. I am not being paid by LUSH to make this review.

Here are my links:


Also, don't forget to follow this blog for more fun!

Love,

Rennie


Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment